It’s been more than 30 years since Field of Dreams first charmed viewers with its endearing narrative of how baseball helps an Iowa farmer reconnect with figures from the past, including his own father. In the film, downtown Galena pinch-hits for Chisholm, Minnesota. If you’re not one of the lucky spectators to attend the Cubs and Reds game at the original movie site on Aug. 11 this year, you can still be a part of the excitement by visiting Galena. Take a stroll and experience a walking tour along Galena’s Historic Main Street, showcasing a dozen key locations featured in the iconic movie.
Download a PDF map with this information here.
- DeSoto House Hotel, 230 S Main St., Ray Kinsella and Terrence Mann search the local Chisholm phone book in an old phone booth, for Graham’s contact information. Also in this scene, you can see the Chisholm, Minnesota banner hanging across Main Street.
- Green Street Stairs, Bench St., Ray Kinsella and Moonlight Graham are spotted walking together in the evening hours to Graham’s office.
- Embe Eatery & Lounge, 233 S. Main St., Where Ray parks his VW Van while looking for Moonlight Graham in Chisholm, MN. Another scene where the Chisholm banner can be spotted hanging over Main Street.
- Klein's Market Bakery, 119 S. Main St., This building is predominately spotted in the background as Ray strolls the streets of Chisholm looking for Moonlight Graham. In the movie, you can recognize the building by the old vehicle parked in front of it.
- Champagne on Main, 116 S Main St., This scene features the third symbol of Ray’s apparent time-travel back to 1972. He spots an old car and rubs the dirt off of the license plate to reveal the 1972 sticker confirming the travel back in time.
- Country Crafts & Sports, 113 S Main St., This location is the movie theater where Ray smirks at the marquee advertising The Godfather movie title, stating “One of this year’s ten best”. It's the second moment of Ray’s realization that he has travelled back in time.
- La Michoacana Galena, 110 S. Main St., Ray spots the Re-Elect Nixon presidential campaign poster. The first sign of Ray’s apparent time-travel back to 1972.
- Petals and Primitives, 111 S. Main St., The first quick glimpse the viewers receive of Moonlight Graham, as he passes by in the background.
- Outside the Lines Art Gallery, 101 S. Main St., The iconic scene where Ray Kinsella meets Moonlight Graham for the first time.
- Big Bill's Sandwich Shop and Coffee Bar, 301 N. Main St., This is the location featuring the bar scene where Terrence Mann interviews Chisholm locals about Dr. Archibald “Moonlight” Graham.
- Fritz & Frites Bistro, 317 N. Main St., The bar in this quaint restaurant is the bar used in the 'interview scene' mentioned above, with Terrance Mann and residents of Chisholm.
- Galena Chiropractic, 400 Broadway St., The location of Moonlight Graham’s Optometrist office. During this scene, Ray and Archibald chat about his one-game in the majors with no bat.
Explore and reminisce the amazing locations showcased in the movie, make a few stops along the way and discover even more eateries, galleries and boutique shopping! But first, book your stay and let the planning begin with the digital visitors guide. There's a lot of places out there, but there's nowhere like us!
Photo Credit: Internet Movie Cars Database