- VisitGalena.com Home
- Lodging in Greater Galena
- Things to Do
Old Market House State Historic Site
123 N. Commerce St.
Galena, IL 61036
9a.m. – 5p.m. Daily
Create a free account to add listings to an itinerary for future reference.
» Get started now!
The information contained in this Web site is for general information purposes only. VisitGalena.org makes no representations or warranties of any kind, express or implied, about the completeness, accuracy, reliability, suitability or availability with respect to the Web site or information, products, services or related graphics contained on the Web site for any purpose.
Galena IL 61036
This is the big one!
Thousands will line the levee along the Galena River to watch the dazzling fireworks display. But there's so much to do before the first fuse is lit.
SCHEULE OF EVENTS
Mon., July 4
- 8 a.m. - Buckhill Run. Up to the challenge? Part of the Galena ARC's 3rd Annual 4th of July Celebration @ Recreation Park, featuring bounce houses, art/craft area, face painting, grass volleyball tournament, slam dunk contest, 3-point shooting contest, softball game (Galena Fire Dept. v. Galena Elks Club), dunk tank, BINGO and live music by Lonely Goats. For more information or to register for events, e-mail galenaarc.org or call 815.777.2248.
- 2:30 p.m. - Live entertainment on the Green Street Plaza, featuring Dr. Mark and the Sutures. There's food and beverages, too!
- 6 p.m. - Parade, featuring local businesses, floats, bands, marchers and fireworks.
- 4-9:30 p.m. - Live entertainment on the Green Street Plaza by Ten Gallon Hat. There's food, too!
Dusk - Fireworks launched from Grant Park. Visible from all over downtown.