Winter Holiday Events in Galena Country
There’s something special about the holiday season. Maybe it’s the sense of wonder and amazement looking at the beautiful light displays, or the smell of hot cocoa and a fire burning in the fireplace. Or maybe, it’s the sentiment of gift-giving, family and traditions.
There’s no better way to cultivate those special feelings about the holidays, than a trip to Galena Country. Whether you’re on a family vacation, romantic getaway, or want to start a new tradition with friends, it’s the perfect addition to a wonderful holiday experience. Enjoy these wonderful 2019 events and activities during your ‘Christmas in Galena Country’ stay!
Nov.9: Dinner Date with History
Nov.14-17: The Trial of Ebenezer Scrooge, Radio Play
Nov.16: An Afternoon of Art and Architecture
Nov.22-23: Nouveau Weekend
Nov.23: The Generals Christmas Ball
Nov.29-30: Shop Small Galena Country
Nov.30: Galena Holiday Kick-Off
Nov.30-Jan.5: Warren’s Festival of Trees
Dec.6-7: Stockton Christmas Walk
Dec.7: Mistletoe Stroll Holiday House Tour
Dec.7: Holiday Fire in the Sky
Dec.7: Christmas in The Village of Elizabeth
Dec.7: Christmas at the Fort
Dec.13: Dark Side of the Yule Holiday Concert
Dec.14: Night of the Luminaria & Living Windows
Dec.15: Galena Festival of the Performing Arts Concert
Dec.20: Christmas Carols & Cookies
Dec.21: Snowflakes and Sweets
Dec.27-29: Tall Grass Chamber Music Festival at Goldmoor
Dec.31: New Years Eve – DeSoto Style!
- Book a sleigh ride in the snow or a hayride in warmer temps at Shenandoah Riding Center.
- Treat yourself to a spa treatment or mix your own fragrance at Galena Candle & Bath.
- Tour & shop the breweries, distillery or vineyards.
- Enjoy a performance or live demo by one of our local artists/performers!
- Mix your own holiday blend coffee at Mean Bean Roasters in Galena.
- Make a reservation for brunch at the DeSoto House Hotel, Fritz and Frites, Chestnut Mountain Resort or Timmerman’s Supper Club!