Fitness in Galena Country
With a new year comes the opportunity for a fresh start and usually, that comes in the form of New Year’s Resolutions. Most of the time physical exercise makes the top of the list! We have a list of fitness facilities to help you stick to your goal while exploring Galena Country!
Core Fitness Galena
This community-based workout facility is centered on functional based fitness, guided by personal coaches. Multiple fitness class options are available including strength training, team or individual sport-specific training and yoga.
Fitness Center at Midwest Medical Center
Featuring scenic views of Galena’s rolling hills, this fitness center includes a fully appointed exercise studio, indoor cycling, sports training, group fitness classes and yoga & Pilates classes.
Galena Arts & Recreation Center
The Galena ARC offers sports and fitness programs including adult exercise classes, spin classes, yoga, and dance exercise classes.
This gym has 24-hour access and includes the usual exercise equipment, free weights as well as treadmills, stationary bikes, and TV displays. The Kindred Spirit Integrated Health and Well Spa is also on site.
The Galena Territory Owners’ Club
If you are staying at a rental home or at Eagle Ridge Resort & Spa, situated in The Galena Territory, you will have access to a state-of-the-art fitness center with a spectacular view of the valley. There are also three swimming pools to choose from, indoor and outdoor.
- If you prefer the crisp winter air, you will find awesome parks and trails in Galena Country. Some even provide exercise equipment along the way! While you’re out and about, look for wintering Eagles… always a sight to behold.
- Skiing and snowboarding at Chestnut Mountain Resort will also give you a good workout if you prefer to play in the snow!
- Baaaa-Maste! Original Goat Yoga, Galena is perfect for animal-loving groups or individuals looking for an unforgettable activity. For more traditional yoga enthusiasts, check out Awake 4 Yoga for pop up, private, and group yoga.
- There’s no shortage of stairs along Galena’s Main Street! Take a stroll down half a mile of Galena’s 19th-century downtown featuring more than 125 independently owned storefronts and keep an eye out for steps in between that leading you the hill. Check out the Green Street Steps for the greatest stair challenge!
- Treat yourself (guilt-free) to a deliciously healthy organic juice or protein shake at Galena Juicery & Meal Prep or a healthy meal at Thriving Thistle Bistro.
Once you’ve worked up a sweat, you deserve to take some time out to unwind! Here are 6 ways for you to do just that. Browse the Official Visitors Guide for ideas on what else you can do and see during your stay!