There’s something special about the holiday season. Maybe it’s the sense of wonder and amazement looking at the beautiful light displays, or the smell of hot cocoa and a fire burning in the fireplace. Or maybe, it’s the sentiment of gift-giving, family and traditions.
There’s no better way to cultivate those special feelings about the holidays, than a trip to Galena Country. Whether you’re on a family vacation, romantic getaway, or want to start a new tradition with friends, it’s the perfect addition to a wonderful holiday experience. Enjoy these wonderful 2019 events and activities during your ‘Christmas in Galena Country’ stay!
Nov.9: Dinner Date with History
Nov.14-17: The Trial of Ebenezer Scrooge, Radio Play
Nov.16: An Afternoon of Art and Architecture
Nov.22-23: Nouveau Weekend
Nov.29-30: Shop Small Galena Country
Nov.30: Galena Holiday Kick-Off
Nov.30-Jan.5: Warren’s Festival of Trees
Dec.6-7: Stockton Christmas Walk
Dec.7: Mistletoe Stroll Holiday House Tour
Dec.7: Holiday Fire in the Sky
Dec.7: Christmas in The Village of Elizabeth
Dec.7: Christmas at the Fort
Dec.13: Dark Side of the Yule Holiday Concert
Dec.14: Night of the Luminaria & Living Windows
Dec.14: The Generals Christmas Ball
Dec.15: Galena Festival of the Performing Arts Concert
Dec.20: Christmas Carols & Cookies
Dec.21: Snowflakes and Sweets
Dec.27-29: Tall Grass Chamber Music Festival at Goldmoor
Dec.31: New Years Eve – DeSoto Style!
- Book a sleigh ride in the snow or a hayride in warmer temps at Shenandoah Riding Center.
- Treat yourself to a spa treatment or mix your own fragrance at Galena Candle & Bath.
- Tour & shop the breweries, distillery or vineyards.
- Enjoy a performance or live demo by one of our local artists/performers!
- Mix your own holiday blend coffee at Mean Bean Roasters in Galena.
- Make a reservation for brunch at the DeSoto House Hotel, Fritz and Frites, Chestnut Mountain Resort or Timmerman’s Supper Club!