Fall Foliage Meter
Come to galena.org every week for our Fall Foliage Meter to see how the leaves are changing in Galena/Jo Daviess County, IL! Look for this box on the sidebar of our website for a quick glance at the fall colors from this beautiful view at Horseshoe Mound Preserve.
We’ll be updating this photo on our website and Facebook Page every Tuesday!
Here’s the original photo…we just love this view looking southwest towards the Mississippi River.
Here are our Top 5 recommendations for enjoying Fall Color in Jo Daviess County!
- The Soaring Eagle Zipline at Chestnut Mountain Resort, overlooking the Mississippi River.
- Champagne Cruise on Lake Galena with¬†Eagle Ridge Resort & Spa.
- Hot air balloon ride with Galena On The Fly.
- Enjoy a glass of wine at one of the 4 beautiful vineyards in Jo Daviess County.
- Drive US Hwy 20 from one end of the county to the other, add Blackjack Rd. to Hanover, IL and Stagecoach Trail to Warren, IL and you’ve covered the entire county!
Here’s where we are as of October 27,2015:
You can also check the Live Camera feed on the Chestnut Mountain Resort!
See the leaves change on our Facebook album!