A vacation really feels like a vacation when you can sit outside and relax with a cocktail. We’ve made a list of some great spots to enjoy the beauty of Galena & Jo Daviess County and some local cuisine!
photo by Gobbies Sports Pub & Eatery
1. Gobbies Sports Pub & Eatery (Galena) Spacious and beautifully decorated courtyard where you can sink into one of their outdoor sofas and enjoy the weather!
2. Sunset Grille at Chestnut Mountain Resort (Galena) Panoramic views of the Mississippi River, savor the sunset while enjoying great food and drinks!
3. The Corner Tap (Stockton) Every Saturday from April through October they have a Steak Fry in their outdoor patio area. Look for live music updates and free Buffalo Wings on Friday nights!
4. The Cove Bar & Grill (Apple Canyon Lake) Overlooks the Midwest’s premier golf course, The General, and there’s a good chance you may catch sight of a hot air balloon!
photo by The Cove Bar & Grill
5.¬† Green St. Tavern in the DeSoto House Hotel (Galena) People-watch on the patio while taking a break from shopping on Main St.
6. Woodstone Restaurant (Galena Territory) Overlooking the Midwest’s premier golf course, The General, where you just might catch a hot air balloon flying overhead!
7. Mid-Town Marina (East Dubuque) Casual dining on the Mississippi River. Watch the boats coming and going and nearby wildlife.
photo by Midtown Marina
8. JJ & Freddie’s (Stockton) Stop at the Gateway of Jo Daviess County on US Hwy 20 and grab a bite to eat outdoors, watching the activity of Stockton.
9. Campeche (Galena) Listen to live music and the bubbling fountain as you sip your margarita under the stars!
10. Vinny Vanucchi’s (Galena) The patio is nestled in the historic building’s courtyard next to a cobblestone road. Sit under the colorful umbrellas and enjoy the music of the street performers nearby!